Quinn Posing in front of two Hedges in the shape of BA in front of the Obelisk

My Study Abroad Story

Hi, I’m Quinn. I’m a junior Professional Writing major. I’m currently studying abroad in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and wanted to share a bit of my study abroad story with you.

Part of what drew me to Champlain was its focus on global citizenship. I’ve always wanted to travel and not just see other cultures but also live them and understand them. I started looking into studying abroad the moment I set foot on campus. I knew that I wanted to spend my entire junior year abroad, including one semester in Dublin, Ireland, where I’ve dreamed of studying since ninth grade.

Quinn at Casa Rosada, where the offices of the Argentine President and Vice President are located

For the other semester, I wanted to go somewhere different, so I naturally gravitated towards Champlain’s partner programs. While studying in New Zealand sounded cool, I was more interested in Buenos Aires, Argentina, since it would work well with my Foreign Language minor. When I attended my first formal study-abroad info session at the beginning of my sophomore year, I talked to a student who had studied in Buenos Aires, and my decision was made. She spoke with such passion about the city and the culture and was already giving me advice about things I had to do: choose homestay over apartment-style housing, go see a fútbol game, etc. I emailed Champlain’s Office of International Education shortly after to start advising appointments in preparation for my year abroad.

Quinn at Eva Peron (Evita’s) Tomb

I’m just finishing up the application process for Champlain Abroad Dublin in the spring, and I’ve been settling in to my first semester abroad in Buenos Aires. So far, it’s even better than I could have imagined! I’ll be writing about my experiences over the next year for Champlain’s blog network, so stay tuned.

Interested in learning more about studying abroad at Champlain? Click here to read more about these life-changing opportunities.

Quinn Kanner is also a Student Ambassador for Champlain’s Admissions team and works as a Student Writer in Champlain’s Marketing Department.